VeraVera Gibbons is a financial journalist based in New York City.
Gibbons has written for Inc., SmartMoney, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, walletpop.com, cnbc.com, and the New York Times.
Today, her writing appears in Real Simple magazine and Reuters personal finance blog, Prism Money.
Previously, Gibbons was a financial contributor with CBS The Early Show, and worked as a correspondent for CNBC’s High Net Worth.
Most recently, Gibbons was a Financial Analyst for MSNBC.
She appeared regularly on all NBC platforms, including the Today Show, Nightly News, and The Weather Channel’s Wake Up With Al, hosted by NBC’s Al Roker.
HAS BEEN Featured ON
- Yikes! http://t.co/tqNOG3vTYH #, 2013/05/23
- Re: Weiner. More lewd photos surfacing, according to "sources." #, 2013/05/23
- Surprising Items in Your Credit Report | Cost of living - Yahoo! Finance http://t.co/dQt6nCpzFB via @YahooFinance #, 2013/05/23
- I see that Morgan Freeman is "trending" again, but not because he "died" - again. Turns out he is marrying his... http://t.co/tVuEEbYbTM #, 2013/05/23
- @AARPMoney @LaurenYoung @lindastern and here I was expecting a fun, party post .... #, 2013/05/22
- A friend invited me over for burgers, and then asked, "Do you even EAT BURGERS?" to which I responded: "Yes, but... http://t.co/zZ3KdTdpU7 #, 2013/05/22
- @saragarlick and the bride-to-be !! 3 weeks and counting... #, 2013/05/22
- Off to the dog park this am to interview ASPCA advisor on health & wellness benefits of pets .. how they can help... http://t.co/eBl4qSOGvV #, 2013/05/22
Monthly Archives: June 2010
Meet 45-year old Zena Martin.She spends her days working full-time as a marketing communications consultant for large corporations and public entities. At night, she bakes. As “Chief Cookie Creator” of Cookieluscious, the made-to-order cookie company she founded last year, her goal … Continue reading
When 42-year old Claire Kahn got married 15 years ago and opened up a hair salon with her husband, all was good. Business was booming. Cash flowed freely. With her husband paying all the bills and managing the household finances, … Continue reading
The firing of 33-year old Debrahlee Lorenzana and her pending lawsuit against her former employer, Citibank, not only raises a lot of questions about appearance — Is showcasing a great figure in pencil skirts, turtleneck sweaters, and high heels asking for … Continue reading
Women are becoming more knowledgeable about finances, becoming more confident managing their own investments and talking more openly about moneywith their kids, colleagues and peers. This, according to new research conducted by Citi’s Women & Company. I recently chatted with Lisa … Continue reading