VeraVera Gibbons is a financial journalist based in New York City.
Gibbons has written for Inc., SmartMoney, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, walletpop.com, cnbc.com, and the New York Times.
Today, her writing appears in Real Simple magazine and Reuters personal finance blog, Prism Money.
Previously, Gibbons was a financial contributor with CBS The Early Show, and worked as a correspondent for CNBC’s High Net Worth.
Most recently, Gibbons was a Financial Analyst for MSNBC.
She appeared regularly on all NBC platforms, including the Today Show, Nightly News, and The Weather Channel’s Wake Up With Al, hosted by NBC’s Al Roker.
HAS BEEN Featured ON
- Yikes! http://t.co/tqNOG3vTYH #, 7 hours ago
- Re: Weiner. More lewd photos surfacing, according to "sources." #, 7 hours ago
- Surprising Items in Your Credit Report | Cost of living - Yahoo! Finance http://t.co/dQt6nCpzFB via @YahooFinance #, 13 hours ago
- I see that Morgan Freeman is "trending" again, but not because he "died" - again. Turns out he is marrying his... http://t.co/tVuEEbYbTM #, 13 hours ago
- @AARPMoney @LaurenYoung @lindastern and here I was expecting a fun, party post .... #, 2013/05/22
- A friend invited me over for burgers, and then asked, "Do you even EAT BURGERS?" to which I responded: "Yes, but... http://t.co/zZ3KdTdpU7 #, 2013/05/22
- @saragarlick and the bride-to-be !! 3 weeks and counting... #, 2013/05/22
- Off to the dog park this am to interview ASPCA advisor on health & wellness benefits of pets .. how they can help... http://t.co/eBl4qSOGvV #, 2013/05/22
Author Archives: vera
Today marks the first day of spring and when you’re cleaning out your closet, I recommend everyone takes some time to start simplifying your finances. Reducing financial clutter – whether that’s unwanted fees or extra paperwork – can save you … Continue reading
TRACK YOUR PAYMENTS (Electronic Bill Payment and E-Bills): You can’t begin to manage your finances until you know what money is coming in the door and what’s going out. Your bank can be a great hub for financial management – … Continue reading
Regardless of what you owe, zeroing out your housing costs is a smart money move. This story will show you the best ways to do it. By Vera Gibbons, Real Simple magazine If you’re in the market for, say, a … Continue reading
With recent changes to tax and Social Security withholdings, many people are wondering how they can make their take home pay take them further in 2013. Here are two strategies you might consider to help you minimize costs and boosting … Continue reading
Just a few weeks into the New Year, here’s my take on what’s in and what’s out — financially — in 2013: In: Credit cards Out: Cash Granted, some Americans are beginning to use cash instead of credit, but most … Continue reading