VeraVera Gibbons is a financial journalist based in New York City.
Gibbons has written for Inc., SmartMoney, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, walletpop.com, cnbc.com, and the New York Times.
Today, her writing appears in Real Simple magazine and Reuters personal finance blog, Prism Money.
Previously, Gibbons was a financial contributor with CBS The Early Show, and worked as a correspondent for CNBC’s High Net Worth.
Most recently, Gibbons was a Financial Analyst for MSNBC.
She appeared regularly on all NBC platforms, including the Today Show, Nightly News, and The Weather Channel’s Wake Up With Al, hosted by NBC’s Al Roker.
HAS BEEN Featured ON
- @AARPMoney @LaurenYoung @lindastern and here I was expecting a fun, party post .... #, 8 hours ago
- A friend invited me over for burgers, and then asked, "Do you even EAT BURGERS?" to which I responded: "Yes, but... http://t.co/zZ3KdTdpU7 #, 10 hours ago
- @saragarlick and the bride-to-be !! 3 weeks and counting... #, 19 hours ago
- Off to the dog park this am to interview ASPCA advisor on health & wellness benefits of pets .. how they can help... http://t.co/eBl4qSOGvV #, 19 hours ago
- A first; My sunglasses don't fit over my eyelashes! #, 2013/05/21
- Oh....really ? http://t.co/nP5xQIawlz #, 2013/05/19
- You know you've been in NYC too long when, at an outdoor party, upon hearing birds chirping, you ask the host:... http://t.co/p8qmbRYnfc #, 2013/05/19
- I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/SisrxJsVpI #, 2013/05/18
- In it to WIN it. Did you buy YOUR ticket yet??? http://t.co/6cIHrXS971 #, 2013/05/18
Category Archives: Budgets
With today’s gas prices now 41 cents higher than they were a year ago (now hovering in the $3-plus range), and growing talk about possibly hitting $5 by the end of next year (at least according to a former Shell executive), … Continue reading
Haven’t decided how you’re going to pay for your gifts this holiday season? Given that credit has become so difficult — and expensive — what about layaway? It was everywhere in the 1920s and 1930s, but after becoming virtually extinct … Continue reading
Whether you’re buying online or in person, these expert tips will help you spend smarter. by Vera Gibbons Real Simple magazine, Sept. 2010