VeraVera Gibbons is a financial journalist based in New York City.
Gibbons has written for Inc., SmartMoney, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, walletpop.com, cnbc.com, and the New York Times.
Today, her writing appears in Real Simple magazine and Reuters personal finance blog, Prism Money.
Previously, Gibbons was a financial contributor with CBS The Early Show, and worked as a correspondent for CNBC’s High Net Worth.
Most recently, Gibbons was a Financial Analyst for MSNBC.
She appeared regularly on all NBC platforms, including the Today Show, Nightly News, and The Weather Channel’s Wake Up With Al, hosted by NBC’s Al Roker.
HAS BEEN Featured ON
- I see that Morgan Freeman is "trending" again, but not because he "died" - again. Turns out he is marrying his... http://t.co/tVuEEbYbTM #, 9 mins ago
- @AARPMoney @LaurenYoung @lindastern and here I was expecting a fun, party post .... #, 18 hours ago
- A friend invited me over for burgers, and then asked, "Do you even EAT BURGERS?" to which I responded: "Yes, but... http://t.co/zZ3KdTdpU7 #, 20 hours ago
- @saragarlick and the bride-to-be !! 3 weeks and counting... #, 2013/05/22
- Off to the dog park this am to interview ASPCA advisor on health & wellness benefits of pets .. how they can help... http://t.co/eBl4qSOGvV #, 2013/05/22
- A first; My sunglasses don't fit over my eyelashes! #, 2013/05/21
- Oh....really ? http://t.co/nP5xQIawlz #, 2013/05/19
- You know you've been in NYC too long when, at an outdoor party, upon hearing birds chirping, you ask the host:... http://t.co/p8qmbRYnfc #, 2013/05/19
- I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/SisrxJsVpI #, 2013/05/18
Category Archives: RealSimple
Up to 60 percent of the property in the United States could be overtaxed. Learn how to take on the tax man and you could save hundreds (or even thousands). Step 1: Visit your local assessor. Your tax bill should … Continue reading
Befuddled by the best plastic practices—not to mention all that fine print? In plain English, here’s everything you need to know. Myth: One Credit Card Is All You Need Fact: Before the recession began in 2007, that may have been … Continue reading
If you’re in dire straits, a credit-protection program might seem like the answer. Learn what our experts have to say before signing up for this largely unregulated service. Bad things can happen without warning: Your spouse loses a job. You … Continue reading
Should you refinace your home loan? Get the facts on no-cost refinancing before signing on the dotted line. Mortgage rates are at historic lows. So if you haven’t already refinanced your home loan, it might be a good time to … Continue reading
When realtor Scott FladHammer arrived fifteen minutes early for his appointment to show a 1909 farmhouse to prospective buyers, he was spooked to discover they were already there — sitting in the very barn in Fort Wayne, Indiana, where one … Continue reading