VeraVera Gibbons is a financial journalist based in New York City.
Gibbons has written for Inc., SmartMoney, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, walletpop.com, cnbc.com, and the New York Times.
Today, her writing appears in Real Simple magazine and Reuters personal finance blog, Prism Money.
Previously, Gibbons was a financial contributor with CBS The Early Show, and worked as a correspondent for CNBC’s High Net Worth.
Most recently, Gibbons was a Financial Analyst for MSNBC.
She appeared regularly on all NBC platforms, including the Today Show, Nightly News, and The Weather Channel’s Wake Up With Al, hosted by NBC’s Al Roker.
HAS BEEN Featured ON
- Oh....really ? http://t.co/nP5xQIawlz #, 18 hours ago
- You know you've been in NYC too long when, at an outdoor party, upon hearing birds chirping, you ask the host:... http://t.co/p8qmbRYnfc #, 2013/05/19
- I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/SisrxJsVpI #, 2013/05/18
- In it to WIN it. Did you buy YOUR ticket yet??? http://t.co/6cIHrXS971 #, 2013/05/18
- My eyes got quite a workout--"look up," "look down," "look left," "look right," "lower right corner," "lower... http://t.co/WPvSw4DVZY #, 2013/05/17
- I said I wanted my hair to look like Dana Perino's and here's the finished product per @nysindy http://t.co/sebMWCCroh #, 2013/05/17
- Why does every House hearing sound the same, regardless of the topic being discussed? #, 2013/05/17
- See you tomorrow night 'round 5:45 pm on the Spare Change panel @FoxBusiness...the power to prosper ! #, 2013/05/16
- @SukanyaNYC awwwww....u're awesome....smiles ;-) v #, 2013/05/10
- @SukanyaNYC You, too, SUK! Happy Mother's Day! #, 2013/05/10
Category Archives: Recession
Bubba Watson (L) of the U.S. sits with his caddie Ted Scott during a suspension of second round play due to winds during the British Open golf championship on the Old Course in St. Andrews, Scotland, July 16, 2010. Credit: … Continue reading
In business and economic circles, quantitative easing is all the buzz these days. And the Federal Reserve just announced we’d get another round. But does anyone really understand what it’s all about? Here are your top 10 questions answered: What … Continue reading
In tough economic times, reminiscing about the good ol’ days seems to be on everyone’s minds. And companies are listening. Many businesses are bringing back some of the products and services that served us well in the past — and … Continue reading
See Video of Vera’s Hot Gadgets Segment on Wake Up With Al We’re coming off one of the hottest months on record (the second hottest July, globally). And while August isn’t likely to rival July, long range forecasters at the … Continue reading
When 38-year old Catherine Goerz got laid off in 2008 and was given just two weeks severance, she found herself taking on odd jobs and struggling to live — happily — on 75% less. How were others doing it? How … Continue reading